Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Too Shallow


Love is more than 3D.

That is what I took from a recent conversation with a very smart and hunky friend. He is one of those online chums that I enjoy blabbing to because he is a deep thinker. Anyway, he was trying to talk me out of my slight depression and low self-esteem. I wondered then if it was really possible for someone gorgeous to take genuine interest in me even if I am just a commoner.

In this conversation, I realized that I have subscribed long enough to the shallow thinking that attracting love is all about looking like a magazine cover. I forgot to consider many other factors that go beyond physical attraction. I only assessed myself on one quality and forgot that brains matter, character, personality, emotional maturity, direction and stature in life are all points of attraction too.

After the initial fireworks die down, one will always look for other more important things that make you want to entrust your heart and your life to someone. And at the end of the day, these are the ones that sustain a relationship.

If one is seriously looking for real partnership, then the many dimensions of a person should be taken into consideration. You will have to learn to love more than one facet.

Finally, one thing that I realized is that I need to appreciate and believe in who I am, what I have and cultivate them before others can be truly captivated by my natural charms. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Community Chat at SingleGuysManila.Ning.Com

Create a profile and be part of the Brotherhood of the Fab, Fiery and Free! Take a peek at some of the online members below. Visit us at http://singleguysmanila.ning.com
Chats